Monday Night Class
The Monday Night class with Jack Kornfield, Mark Coleman and other teachers is now in its 29th year. Monday night serves as an introduction to the practices of awareness and compassion that are the heart of our teachings. This class is appropriate for beginning and experienced students. Class is from 7:15 - 9:15 pm.
To cultivate cohesion within our Monday Night Class offerings, our teachers will concentrate on a small handful of important and useful Dharma themes through the summer of 2015. We hope you’ll join us!
Jack Kornfield is on sabbatical. He will return to more frequent Monday nights when our new Community Meditation Hall opens.
The Monday Night Children's Class is back--6 Mondays, June 22nd to July 27th. All children who've completed kindergarten through 5th grade are welcome. Class starts at 7:15 and ends promptly at 9:15. $9-12 per child/per family plus a donation for Spirit Rock. If you have questions, please feel free to call Dawn Scott, the Family Program Coordinator, at (415) 488-4136 x227.
*Vegetarian buffet dinner, when offered, begins at 6 pm and ends at 6:45 pm. Cost $10-$15/adult, and $4-$5/child, sliding scale. While our intention is to feed everyone who wishes to enjoy our Monday Night Dinners, we occasionally run out of food. We suggest arriving at 6 pm for dinner. Note: Wheat-free alternatives are offered when the main entree contains wheat.
*** When dinner is not served, please do not pass the large wooden gate or enter the retreat area. ***
Class fees and parking fees are waived for volunteers, especially for those who can help clean after each week's class from 9:15-9:45. Tasks include vacuuming, taking out the trash/recycling/compost, putting chairs away, straightening the hall, etc. Please check in with our event coordinator, Sean Fargo, on the night of the event or email him at Seanf@spiritrock.org to let him know you are available.
Two good places to meet:
BON AIR CENTER, Greenbrae: On the side of this lot that runs along Sir Francis Drake Blvd., there are 16 hour parking spots that you can park in for class. Look for white signs with green letters. If you are coming from the 101 or East Bay, please try to carpool here, so there is room at the Fairfax lot.
- FAIRFAX: Please meet other carpoolers in Fairfax at the OLD Good Earth location (click for map), at the intersection of Sir Francis Drake and Claus Drive, and the adjacent lot.
For more Monday night carpooling locations, click here.
- In consideration of all participants, please do not wear scented personal care products to Spirit Rock (including "natural" products, and essential oils).
- The Monday Night Children's Class will be offered again during summer.
- For a recording of a Monday night talk, visit DharmaSeed.org. Talks are available at each teacher's discretion.
- During the winter months it is very dark in the countryside of west Marin. Please bring a flashlight to help you be seen and for you to see better in our parking lot.