Monday Night Class
The Monday Night class with Jack Kornfield and others is now in its 29th year. Monday night serves as an introduction to the practices of awareness and compassion that are the heart of our community. This gathering also offers support and ongoing teachings to committed students. Class is from 7:15 - 9:15 pm. Dinner, when offered, begins at 6 pm.
Jack Kornfield is on sabbatical and will be back in late summer 2015. We are excited to have three wonderful Dharma teachers who will be the primary teachers for Monday night class during this time. We will continue to have other wonderful guest teachers including Mark Coleman.
MEET THE MONDAY NIGHT TEACHING TEAM:
- October 6 TBD - No DInner
- October 13 TBD - No Dinner
- October 20 TBD - No DInner
- October 27 TBD - No Dinner
*Vegetarian buffet dinner, when offered, begins at 6 pm and ends at 6:45 pm. Cost $10-$15/adult, and $4-$5/child, sliding scale. While our intention is to feed everyone who wishes to enjoy our Monday Night Dinners, we occasionally run out of food. We suggest arriving at 6 pm for dinner. Note: Wheat-free alternatives are offered when the main entree contains wheat.
*REQUEST: When dinner is not served, please do not pass the large wooden gate
Class fees and parking fees are waived for volunteers, especially for those who can help clean after each week's class from 9:15-9:45. Tasks include vacuuming, taking out the trash/recycling/compost, putting chairs away, straightening the hall, etc. Please check in with Sean Fargo, seanf@SpirtRock.org, on the night of the event to discuss.
Spirit Rock asks for a $10 "non-carpool" fee from cars with less than 2 people.
Two good places to meet:
BON AIR CENTER, Greenbrae: On the side of this lot that runs along Sir Francis Drake Blvd., there are 16 hour parking spots that you can park in for class. Look for white signs with green letters. If you are coming from the 101 or East Bay, please try to carpool here, so there is room at the Fairfax lot.
- FAIRFAX: Please meet other carpoolers in Fairfax at the OLD Good Earth location (click for map), at the intersection of Sir Francis Drake and Claus Drive, and the adjacent lot.
For more Monday night carpooling locations, click here.
- In consideration of all participants, please do not wear scented personal care products to Spirit Rock (including "natural" products, and essential oils).
- The Monday Night Children's Class will be offered again next summer.
- For a recording of a Monday night talk, visit DharmaSeed.org. Talks are available at each teacher's discretion.
- During the winter months it is very dark in the countryside of west Marin. Please bring a flashlight to help you be seen and for you to see better in our parking lot.