The Buddha was a great leader whose realization and awakening have inspired thousands of people for over 2,600 years.
This daylong will draw on stories from the life of the Buddha to illuminate Joseph Campbell's universal stages of human and leadership development and explore our own leadership journey, including:
- The Call: listening deeply to our inner wisdom;
- The Departure: letting go and stepping into the unknown;
- The Struggle: working skillfully with obstacles and difficulties;
- The Awakening: cultivating insights and new behaviors; and
- The Return: clarifying the unique gifts we can offer the world.
Our day together will weave meditation, reflection, interactive exercises and ritual. You will leave with a clear understanding of your personal leadership journey and insights to inspire your path and practice going forward.
Teachings are appropriate for individuals as well as health care professionals. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for more information.
Learning Objectives for participating Health Care Professionals-
This workshop is designed to help you:
1. Learn a five-step model for leadership development.
2. Recognize how to work with obstacles and difficulties in leadership.
3. Practice active listening skills.
4. Design a plan to integrate leadership skills and program insights into work and life.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with a limited and fixed income) are invited to attend for $25.
Please Carpool! Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Online Registration for this event is available until 12 noon one business day before the event. If you can't attend, see our Cancellation Policy.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or (415) 488-0164 x224.
Scholarships are not available for events listed as “Benefits.”
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review Daylong Programs at Spirit Rock for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit: 6 CE credits available for MFTs and LCSWs, from SRMC for $45. Prepayment available on website. For more information, see Continuing Education (CE) Credit.