Spirit Rock’s campus is set on more than 400 acres in beautiful Marin County, just 19 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. A position on staff at Spirit Rock is a wonderful opportunity to explore work as practice in a supportive and caring environment. Spirit Rock offers a range of meditation classes, programs, and residential meditation retreats. Spirit Rock has a 96 bed residential retreat center and a staff of approximately 50. We have a wide range of positions requiring a variety of skills.
Spirit Rock Meditation Center is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Spirit Rock policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person who is perceived to have any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
JOB OPENINGS: (We have no job openings currently, please check back later.)
FOR ALL SPIRIT ROCK POSITIONS:
Spirit Rock is an equal opportunity employer and we place a high value on workforce diversity.
Spirit Rock Meditation Center is a spiritual practice center devoted to the teaching of Insight Meditation in the Buddhist tradition. We strive to create a work environment that reflects the Buddha’s teachings with a special emphasis on seeing our work as an essential aspect of our spiritual practice. As such, we seek employees who have a sincere interest in and commitment to the exploration of bringing the practice of mindfulness to bear on all activities of daily life.
The following qualities and abilities are expected of all employees at Spirit Rock:
- Ability to work well with people of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- The ability to work collaboratively.
- Flexibility and the ability to compromise.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Active listening skills.
- The ability and willingness to express appreciation to others.
- Openness to constructive feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead, follow, take initiative, or take direction and the judgment to know when each is appropriate.
- The ability to delegate both Responsibility and authority appropriately.
- Efficient time management skills including the ability to prioritize effectively.
- The ability to differentiate between one’s role in achieving Spirit Rock’s goals as defined by one’s specific job description vs. one’s own personal objectives and spiritual growth.
- Physical: Occasionally required to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 30 pounds. Frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Excellent typing and computer skills are required (word processing and data entry). Must be able to sit, walk or stand for extended periods.
- Sensory: Frequently Required to Read and write documents, financial Reports and plans. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the phone, interacting with Residents and staff, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and understand and be understood using the English language.
- Cognitive: Frequently required to concentrate in considerable detail with occasional interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function through to completion. Frequently required to understand and relate to specific ideas, several at a time. Must be able to remember multiple tasks and assignments given to self and others over a period of days and months. Must be able to shift priority and move from one task to another with ease, including the ability to multi-task.
- Equipment: Ability to drive a car. Occasionally required to drive to work functions at other locations or make pick-ups and deliveries. Must maintain a valid driver’s license. Frequently required to use equipment such as copiers, telephone, and fax machines.