A late winter side dish.
For this recipe you will need:
1. Heat the oven to 250C.
2. Peel and cut the squash into thin slices. Toss in olive oil to coat and sprinkle with salt.
3. Roast in the hot oven, stirring occasionally until golden. Remove and allow to cool.
4. While the squash is roasting, sauté the the kale in olive oil. Sprinkle with water if needed to help fully cook the kale. Just before removing from the heat stir in a little minced garlic and allow it to stew a couple of minutes with the kale. Season to taste.
5. Fry the sage leaves in olive oil, allowing to brown on both sides.
6. Alternate layers of squash and kale and sprinkle with fried sage to serve.
image credit: Stacy Spensley